Monday, November 1, 2010

NaNoWriMo

Do you NaNo?

No, no, not "Nanu, Nanu" - we're not from Ork here.

National Novel Writing Month. The time when anyone can join up and let their inner novelist out!

Two years ago I joined for the first time and actually completed a 50,000 page novel in two weeks. I even impressed myself with that one. That story is still in the revision process (I've been working on other things at the same time).

Last year I participated and was all ready to win again. But got the swine flu at the beginning of November. My momentum messed up and the story idea I had not taking off meant that I didn't finish.

So, I'll try again this year. With a bit of a twist. I'm in the middle of a re-write that I really need to get done. So, I'm going to use that as my NaNo story. No, I'm not starting something completely new. But I will try to use the month to carry me through to the end of this revision. That is my plan.

My kids are both doing NaNoWriMo this year as well -using the Young Writer's Program. My daughter is also an official participant in the regular NaNoWriMo this year.

It's time to start writing.

I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment